|Full Name||Gbenro Emmanuel Ajibade|
|Popularly known as||Gbenro Ajibade|
|Date of birth||8 December 1985|
|Age||37 Years Old|
|Place of Birth||Maiduguri, Borno State|
|State of Origin||Kogi State|
|Profession||Model, TV Host, Model|
Early Life and Education
Gbenro Emmanuel Ajibade was born on December 8, 1985, in Maiduguri, Borno State, Nigeria. He has four siblings, including his elder brother, Jude Ige Ajibade, who died from kidney disease.
For high school, he attended Markudi International School and Mount Saint Gabriel’s Secondary School. He also graduated from Benue State University with a degree in Biology.
After graduation, Ajibade began his professional career as a model. He participated in several fashion shows and photoshoots and quickly made a name for himself in the Nigerian fashion industry. He later transitioned into acting, making his acting debut in the popular Nigerian soap opera “Tinsel” in 2008. This was his big break, and it opened doors to other opportunities in the entertainment industry.
Ajibade’s natural talent and good looks quickly caught the attention of the Nigerian public, and he soon became a household name. His early success in acting led to his being cast in several other popular Nigerian TV shows, such as “The Johnsons” and “Hush.”
In addition to his acting career, Ajibade is also a television host. He has hosted several Nigerian TV shows such as “The Bachelor Nigeria” and “Project Fame West Africa,” which have helped him become more well-known to the public.
Ajibade’s early life and education played a significant role in shaping his career. His passion for the entertainment industry and his theatre arts education helped him build the foundation for his successful career as an actor and television host.
Ajibade began his career as a model, appearing in top magazines, fashion shows, and various TV commercials. He modelled for Maze Couture at Africa New York Fashion Week in 2013, Mai Atafo at Native and Vogue International Fashion Week in 2013, Runway Dubai Fashion Show Model in 2019, and Yomi Casual at the Atalanta Fashion Designers Fashion Show in 2019.
Gbenro Ajibade ventured into acting and rose to prominence for his role in the television series Tinsel. He also appeared alongside Kehinde Bankole, Wole Ojo, Kehinde Olorunyomi, and Jumoke Odetola in the film Bachelor’s Eve.
Other films in which he has appeared include Gbomo Gbomo Express, Twisted Thorne, 30’s, Wrong Turn, Shadows, Couple’s Award, and The Wages.
As a presenter, he co-hosted the Africa Magic Viewers’ Choice Awards nominee brunch with Linda Ejiorfor in 2013, co-hosted the inaugural edition of the WED awards with Beverly Naya in 2013, co-hosted the Best of Nollywood Awards (BON) with Rahama Sadau in 2017, and hosted the AFRIMMA Fashion Show in 2019.
Gbenro Ajibade’s Net Worth
Gbenro Ajibade’s net worth is currently estimated at $700,000. His sources of income are believed to be from his modelling, acting, and hosting careers. Also, from his endorsement deals. However, it is possible that he makes more money from some other business ventures.
Movies and TV Shows
- 2020: Cold Calm
- 2019: Reprisal
- 2019: Hip Hop Holiday
- 2018: Memoirs of 4
- 2018: Bachelor’s Love
- 2018: Bad Boys and Pretty
- 2017: Ten Days in Sun City
- 2017: Couple’s Award
- 2017: Catchi.er
- 2017: Official Business
- 2017: The View
- 2017: When a Woman Loves
- 2017: Me Vs Me
- 2017: Wrong Turn
- 2017: Locked Up II
- 2017: An Hour with Shrink
- 2015: 30’s
- 2014: Shattered Romance
- 2013: The Wages
- 2011: Twisted Thorne
- 2005: Gbomo Gbomo Express
- 2018- to date: Tinsel
- 2013: Bill Witherspoon’s model at the Africa New York fashion week
- 2013: Model for Khadijah couture at the Africa New York fashion week
- 2013: He modelled for maze couture at the Africa New York fashion week
- 2013: Mai Atafo’s model at the Native and Vogue International fashion week
- 2013: Model of Alvince Coutre at the Native and Vogue International fashion week
- 2013: Mai Atafo’s model at the Lagos fashion and design week
- 2014: Model at Mercedez Benz New York fashion week
- 2014: Vuitton Prince model at the walk fashion show at the New York fashion week
- 2014: Native and Vogue International fashion week
- 2015: Model for the Larry Underwood collection at the New York fashion week
- 2019: Runway Dubai fashion show model
- 2019: Model for Yomi Casual at the Atlanta fashion designers fashion show
- 2015: INEC youth ambassador for supporting INEC for peaceful elections
- 2015: One of the judges at the Miss Charismatic Nigeria beauty contest
- 2015: Brand Ambassador of Yomi Casual
- 2016: Gbenro signed an endorsement deal as the Brand ambassador of Caesar couture
- 2017: Instant pick-up brand ambassador 2018: Payporte Fashion Ambassador l
Gbenro Ajibade was married to Osas Ighodaro from 2014 until 2019 when they finally divorced. Before the end of the marriage, their union produced one child, Azariah Tiwatope Ajibade. However, Gbenro Ajibade has been rumoured to be in a relationship with a curvy woman shortly after his divorce.
Social Media Handles